- You are in:
- CBI (NI)/ Stratagem Seminar: 'How Small Countries Deal With The Downturn'
CBI (NI)/ Stratagem Seminar: 'How Small Countries Deal With The Downturn'01 September 2009
CBI (NI)/ STRATAGEM SEMINAR
‘HOW SMALL COUNTRIES DEAL WITH THE DOWNTURN’
Tuesday 6 October 2009
Europa Hotel, Belfast
8.45am – 2pm (lunch provided)
CBI Northern Ireland and Stratagem are pleased to announce a ground-breaking, not to be missed autumn seminar, featuring key contributions from across these islands – and a new one, Iceland!
On Tuesday 6 October 2009 at the Europa Hotel in Belfast, we will assemble for the first time ever senior political and financial figures from Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland, Westminster and Scotland to consider ‘How small countries deal with the downturn’.
Our keynote speaker will be Thoranna Jónsdóttir, co-founder of Audur Capital, the Icelandic experts who got it right. Thoranna is a chartered stockbroker and spent a number of years at Reykjavik University’s School of Business, both as a vice dean, assistant professor and management consultant. The people at Audur Capital flagged up the unsustainability of Iceland's financial model before the global economic crash which affected that country perhaps more than any other.
She will be detailing how her company flourishes despite the global economic situation and will share her thoughts about how small countries should be responding. Their strong value base will also explain their success, impress listeners and leave clear learning points for anyone who hears her inspirational approach.
Already confirmed to give their responses to Thoranna and consider what challenges remain, how business and politics can work together and prepare for the years following the recession are:
- Arlene Foster MLA, Minister for Enterprise, Trade and Investment in Northern Ireland
- A senior public representative of the Office of First Minister and deputy First Minister in Northern Ireland
- Dick Roche TD, Minister of State for European Affairs in the Republic of Ireland
- Jim Mather MSP, Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism in Scotland
- Sally Keeble MP, Member of the Treasury Committee at Westminster and former Under-Secretary of State for the Department for Transport, Local Government and the Regions
- Angela McGowan, Chief Economist, Northern Bank
Drawing on results from a Stratagem/ComRes Research Panel conducted with over on third of MLAs, this diverse panel will help us fully consider how small countries could and should be dealing with the recession and preparing for the future.
The cost of exhibiting at this event will be £350 + VAT. Alternatively, the delegate rate for the day is £175 + VAT.
If you would like any further information, please contact Sarah Smart on 028 9010 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org